Thursday, May 19, 2011

seven years and no itch.

Man, it's crazy to think that I've been coming to Virginia since the winter of 2004. There was no Endstation then, only Crescendo, a theater company Geoff had started with a friend of his (whose name escapes me). We all met up at Sweet Briar to do some acting workshops that would in theory generate material for a show. A few months later we came back and met up again, this time working on what would be a modern retelling of Macbeth set in a Karaoke bar. This was the beginning of Hello! No Future (which Geoff produced at FSU).



Looking at that picture, it's nuts to me that only Geoff and I remain from that group. Endstation has grown so much in the last seven years, and I've been honored to be a part of it, and part of the tradition of bringing out-of-town artists to Virginia to create work. It's only been about a week, and I'm terribly excited to be working with these great people for the rest of the summer. Geoff has always been the kind of guy who surrounds himself with awesome, capable people and I think that's largely what makes Endstation so special: it's a tiny community comprised of artists both local and visiting that work really well together and care about what they're doing.

Turns out going up to Virginia for winter break my senior year was one of the best decisions I ever made.

No comments: