Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Good Good Beginnings

It is my first year with Endstation, and I couldn’t be happier working with such amazing artists in such
a beautiful place! I’ve realized that both characters I’m playing this summer ( Rosa, Good Good
Trouble on Bad Bad Island and Viola, Twelfth Night) both find themselves in a new place with new
people ( kinda like meeee) Amazingly enough, I already feel right at home! Everyone has been so
welcoming and wonderful. 



It’s going to be a Good Good summer ( I can say that because it’s the beginning, and we haven’t over
used that phrase yet, right? ) VA is not a mysterious island, but I am mystified by my surroundings. It is
such a wonderful change of scenery. I’m thanking every tree I see and taking as many fresh air sniffs
as I can. Living in the “concrete jungle” has made me yearn for the natural world. NYC can take a toll
on the central nervous system, and some time away to reconnect with myself as an artist, and a person, 
was greatly needed! 




I feel so unbelievably lucky to be here. I’ve exhaled completely for the first time in a long time, and
also laughed so hard my abs hurt. Our first read through for Good Good Trouble on Bad Bad Island,
was the most fun I’ve EVER had at a first rehearsal. I looked around the table and was overwhelmed
by the talent surrounding me. Rehearsals have been getting better and better. My biggest challenge
during this play will be staying in character and not laughing at everyone’s hilarious performance.
(otherwise known as acting ;)

Ta Ta for now!
Jess Mansfield
(Actor)

1 comment:

Joshua Mikel said...

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! You guys are going to kill it! Absolutely KILL IT!