Saturday, May 21, 2011

2011 Lighting!

We're back for another summer... this time with a new addition. For those of you haven't met Parker, you will! It is great to see old friends and welcome new ones. We have a big season on tap. After Sunday's concert, my first big project as lighting designer is Assassins. I am planning on using a lot of sculptural side light and back lighting through Krista's roller coaster inspired set. The lighting will use a palette of red white and blue to tie into the themes of the show. We will use a lot of bare bulbs for some scenes to give the sense of a fair or carnival. I have posted some research photos below:





My second second lighting project for the summer will be for Twelfth Night. We will be doing more minimal lighting than we did for last year's production of Hamlet. There will be a bit more natural light later due to the location. My goal is to create some basic illumination and focus as it gets a bit darker. Part of the reason for this is because we have a lot less power available to us at this location. Besides how can I compete with this...


No comments: