Tuesday, May 26, 2009

hi.




Hello!!!
This is my first entry as a blogger for Endstation. Where to begin. I am so excited to be back for a second summer with this company. My name is Natalie Caruncho, I was in last summer's season as Juliet in Romeo and Juliet and also, Young Lizzy in The Bluest Water (a role I will be reprising this season). Last summer, I was struck by the commitment, passion and talent that I was surrounded by daily here in Virginia. People who truly care about sharing these beautiful stories with this community. And when the opportunity presented itself to return for a second go, I could not say yes fast enough. This summer I will be playing Puck in A Midsummer Night's Dream and bringing back Young Lizzy in The Bluest Water. After a couple of months in New York City, the green, wide open spaces, surrounded by the rolling Blue Ridge offers a breath of fresh air and much needed revitalizing. And again, I find the same unique people surrounding the table for The Bluest Water (Midsummer has not begun yet, so more on that later). At the first, or rather, the second first reading, it was so exciting to hear this story spoken by every member of the original cast. I am so proud of this play. Of being part of a piece of theatre that is integrated in this community and that we are able to share with this community. 40 years after Hurricane Camille, and in our second look at this script, we are looking to go deeper, to learn more, to find truths, to 'open the box' every so gently. And I cannot wait to go there. Already rehearsals are about figuring out what the heck we did last year and what changes this time around. 




Also, Michael Stablein, Kirin McCrory and myself are starting to visit different high schools in the area to spread the word about the very cool playwright by the name of William Shakespeare. Today was our first one at Heritage High School. And everyone there was wonderful and great sport. So, thanks to them. Looking forward to recruiting some more kiddos to come to these shows!! ($5 student tickets. shameless. shameless.)

On another note, I am so happy to be around old friends and look forward to making new ones. This is going to be a blast of a summer. I am just starting to get started on A Midsummer Night's Dream and it is going to be quite a ride. Love being here. 

That's all for now. Until next time. Keep reading the blog! 

-Natalie Caruncho
Actor
Endstation Theatre Company

No comments: